Here I am with an afternoon on my hands, and what do I do? Write a blog post, of course!!
Topics come and go, but the really important ones persist. For instance…
One topic that will never die is climate change. This past week, a 16-year old Swedish girl spoke before the United Nations accusing them of stealing her childhood due to their inaction on climate change by making the climate change issue a political issue instead of addressing the Earth-ending, mass-extinction event crisis that she says it really is. The worst offenders, China and India, were never mentioned during the tirade, but other countries (including the United States) were. While I’m not surprised at any of this continuing circus, here are a few thoughts…
As far as I’m concerned, the whole thing is a giant publicity stunt designed to thrust the issue of climate change back into the world’s spotlight. Much was made about this girl sailing across the ocean in a racing sailboat, but not a whole lot was mentioned about the crew jetting back to Europe, and the racing sailboat being shipped back on a container ship. Moreover, if anyone is to blame for stealing this girl’s childhood, it’s the people brainwashing her into near states of hysteria with the assertion of the world coming to an end due to people living normal lives in our civilization.
By reading the above, you probably think that I’m a knuckle-dragging throwback to the caveman days a couple of decades past the primordial ooze. Not so, says I! Consider the following:
When I was growing up in Indiana in the 1960s, I watched a science related TV show concerning the coming Ice Age (global cooling). I was probably around 5 or 6 at the time. Later that day, I looked out the back door of the house, and saw it was snowing…and it was mid-July!! Needless to say, I lost it, crying and looking around fearfully for the glacier that I was sure that was coming to engulf the house like a tidal wave. It took my Mother several minutes to calm me down.
So when I see the Climate Warming Cooling Change crowd trot out their next crying child intent upon shaming the world into bending to their way of thinking, I think back to that day 50+ years ago of where they terrified a young child. They haven’t changed – they have no reservations on using children to force the issue emotionally because that’s all they have. They’ve faked their data, and cannot win any other way.
And by the way, flying on private jets to Climate Change conferences doesn’t look good either…
Have you ever noticed that as soon as there is a shooting with multiple people hurt or injured that doesn’t include a gun-control paradise like Chicago, Detroit, St. Louis, or Baltimore, the bodies haven’t even cooled before anti-rights legislation is introduced by a certain party? It doesn’t matter if the legislation, if enacted, wouldn’t have prevented the tragedy. It’s the push to use the emotions of the tragedy to “do something” and make it appear that a certain party “cares” about the safety of the people instead of trying to control them.
Yes, I’m referring to the Democratic Party, which is now rapidly becoming the Democratic Socialist Party. Their platform is falling right in line with the precepts of Socialism, of which the common citizen has no rights having given those rights to the government. Don’t believe me? Think about it – the Democratic Socialists are advocating on the debate stage and in press releases the following:
- Confiscation of wealth (Bernie’s “no Billionaires” statement and Warren’s proposed confiscation of 401K accounts are just part of raising everyone’s taxes)
- “Free” healthcare and education (paid for by the raised taxes, and provided by “approved” providers in both fields)
- Confiscation of firearms (every socialist and communist country has done this with millions killed by their governments because the people could not fight back.)
- Government approved speech, religion, and business practices (think of hate crime laws & policies forcing religious-based businesses to provide services that goes against their stated beliefs (i.e., Masterpiece Bakery), and you get the idea. There is a movement to deny banking credit, loans, and credit-card processing to the firearms industry.)
- Suspension of rights due to perceived harm or future actions (extreme protection orders, or red-flag laws bypass due process protections, and could be expanded to include almost any action, statement, or complaint)
- Create a single-party government like California by allowing open borders, unverified voting by illegal aliens, and ballot box fraud (voter harvesting). Single-party governments such as Soviet Russia and Communist China killed millions of their own citizens for “non-conformance” to the party line & policies, and political opponents “disappeared” or were shipped off to “re-education camps” (something that one Presidential candidate has suggested). Venezuela is only the latest example that I can think of.
Yes, I believe that the Democratic Party is becoming the Democratic Socialist Party, which in reality, is the Anti-Rights Party.
Last for this post is the continuing temper-tantrum of the Democrats to find something, anything, to remove Donald Trump from the Presidency. Trump has shown that the politicians in Washington are as inept as we suspected, and more corrupt than what we could have ever imagined.
First, it was Russia, now it’s Ukraine. I don’t anything will stick, and it will be a huge waste of time and tax-payer dollars.
Quite frankly, I think that the American People, by and large, are sick of the three-ring circus held by the clowns of the Democrats. I know I am.
We as citizens need to remember that these people work for us as Representatives, not as Royalty. It’s time that they are reminded of that.
I know that some of you reading this post do not like President Trump either for his actions, manners, or words. However, I believe that a non-politician like President Trump is the best chance we have for a government that will serve the people instead of the political elite. And yes, I admit that I held my nose when voting for him, but I realized that Hillary was infinitely worse. President Trump has worked out better than I had hoped.
So hold your nose, Vote Republican in the 2020 elections. I cannot vote for a party for which it’s candidates promote ideas and policies that undermine this country’s founding principles and citizens.