We would like to take this opportunity to extend our condolences to the Victims of the Orlando shooting.
Over the past week, I have been reading and watching the circus being created over the tragedy over the shooting in Orlando. Quite frankly, it’s sickening to see what the politicians and media are doing to spin this mass murder / terrorist attack into something totally different from what the reality actually is. Let’s take a look as some of them.
Gun Free Zones disarm law-abiding people, turning that area into a killing zone for terrorists and mass-murderers. The only person that has a weapon is the criminal, and they will use it because they have little or no fear of being stopped. I do not know of any documented case of where a mass-murder or other violent crime has been prevented because of a gun-free zone. However, all the recent mass-shootings have taken place in gun-free zones. It is my personal opinion that gun-free zones and laws infringe upon a person’s right to defend themselves with a weapon. I also believe that any and all lawmakers that passed or proposed such laws are complicit in the crimes and murders that happen in these areas, and should be criminally charged as accomplices.
Radical Islam are words that our President refuses to utter, stating in a petulant, chiding speech last Tuesday that labeling the enemy will not defeat them. I beg to differ, Mr. President. If one cannot name the enemy, then the enemy cannot be identified, and thus cannot be defeated. However, once the enemy is specifically identified, the enemy can then be defeated. Instead, you have directed the government agencies under your control to remove these words and use instead “extremist organizations.” Very wimpy, politically correct language that serves not to offend, but certainly looses much of its effectiveness as we have seen more terror attacks on our soil attributed to individuals identified as being radicalized Muslims on your watch than that of your predecessor.
Radical Islam (and quite frankly, all of Islam’s holy books and teachings) state that homosexuals must be punished, up to and including execution by various, horrific means. This fact is being ignored by the media and the Progressive Liberals who seem to go out of their way to defend Islam.
The motivations of the Orlando shooter are being diverted from his being radicalized to that of the gun or guns that he used for his murderous rampage. I’ve stated in previous posts that the Progressive Liberals were using the LGBT lobby to gain political power, and once achieved, would toss the LGBT lobby aside in favor of their new pet “protected minority.” The LGBT lobby has been used and discarded right before our eyes.
The diversion from Radical Islam to Firearm Control was about as predictable as the sun rising in the East. The politicians of the anti-gun lobby (heretofore now identified as the Anti-Rights Lobby) are trotting out the same proposals that would not have prevented this tragedy nor any other terrorist attack (and yes, I believe this was more a terror attack than anything else). Some of the proposals include:
- Using the No-Fly List or Terrorist Watch List as a means to depriving a person on the list from acquiring a firearm. Secret government lists that are created without due-process of the person being able to confront their accuser is patently a violation of a person’s rights as defined in the Bill of Rights, and is fraught with the potential of governmental abuse. The Orlando shooter was not on either of these lists. It also does absolutely nothing if the person already has a weapon or from acquiring one from another means.
- Extended Background Checks are always a favorite of the Anti-Rights Lobby. The Orlando Shooter passed multiple background checks for his work as a security guard, and was also contracted to the Department of Homeland Security!! Again, extended background checks mean nothing to a criminal if they want a firearm – they will steal or buy one on the black market.
- Reduced magazine capacity is another favorite of the Anti-Rights Lobby. The idea is that the gunman can be rushed during a magazine change. This is about as ludicrous as it sounds. Most people will be running away from a gunman, not toward the gunman because of the flight response people have had drilled into them from day one. Very few people have had the training or mindset to try and tackle a fully armed person, and fewer will win. A better alternative is for a person with a concealed weapon to take the gunman out and minimize the body count.
- Abolish Automatic Weapons. Automatic weapons are already registered & regulated, and are classified as a restricted item. A person must undergo a strict background check and be licensed to own one of these weapons. No legally registered automatic weapon has been used in a crime for many decades. Note that the Orlando Shooter did not have an automatic weapon.
- Abolish Assault Weapons (like the AR15). An assault weapon is defined as a firearm capable of automatic fire (holding the trigger down and the weapon keeps firing until out of ammunition. The AR15 and it’s variants (like the Sig Sauer the Orlando Shooter used) are NOT assault weapons as they are semi-automatic (holding the trigger down will only result in the weapon firing once). This is a far cry from being a “weapon of war” as the media and Anti-Rights politicians would have you believe. The amount of willful ignorance on the part of the media and some politicians is mind-boggling.
- Abolish the Second Amendment. This would require disarming over 100 million people in the United States alone, and that’s just the law-abiding people. Criminals will retain their weapons and prey upon the population, and an unscrupulous government would feel free to enslave the population. In countries that have banned weapons, criminals and terrorists have had absolutely no problems in obtaining weapons (some fully automatic as in the recent Paris attacks). Personally, we should be encouraging gun ownership and training to mitigate incidents like Orlando.
- We need more laws to make shootings like this impossible to occur. This is about as stupid a concept as possible. We have more than enough laws to define what is lawful and what isn’t. Obviously, mass murder is illegal. Straw purchases of firearms are illegal. Gun trafficking is illegal. Making another law that restricts the rights of a person to own a weapon will not deter someone from committing a crime like Orlando. I don’t think that any other right as defined in the Bill of Rights is as regulated as the Second Amendment.
To the Anti-Rights Lobby – Many of you have bodyguards with guns. Do not ask me to give up my right to self defense without first giving up yours or your protection – my life is as precious to me as yours is to you.
Be well, my friends.