While watching TV last night, I saw for the umpteenth time this Apple commercial:
Does this sound familiar?
If it doesn’t, then let me remind you – this is exactly what our Congress is asking us to do – “Trust us with your health care, but don’t pay attention to our abysmal record of failing.”
The short list of failures of government programs include:
- The War on Poverty (trillions spent with no effect)
- The War on Drugs (still a problem and spreading)
- Amtrak (hasn’t turned a profit & exists on subsidies)
- Medicare (broke except for renewed funding)
- Medicaid (ditto)
- Social Security (ditto 2)
- Fannie Mae & Freddie Mack (mismanaged with massive fraud)
- Energy Independence (via the Department of Energy, which has done nothing but expand the department)
- Post Office (broke and inefficient despite millions of dollars of upgrades, outclassed by Fed-Ex and UPS)
And we really want to trust the Government (aka Congress) with more of our lives and tax dollars? With this track record? Are you totally out of your tree?
If you do not agree with the current direction of Government, then get out and vote for the most Conservative candidate you can find on the ballot.