The following was read into the Congressional Record by House of Representatives Herlong of Florida on January 10, 1963.
Mr. HERLONG. Mr. Speaker, Mrs. Patricia Nordman of De Land, Fla., is an ardent and articulate opponent of communism, and until recently published the De Land Courier, which she dedicated to the purpose of alerting the public to the dangers of communism in America.
At Mrs. Nordman’s request, I include in the RECORD, under unanimous consent, the following “Current Communist Goals,” which she identifies as an excerpt from “The Naked Communist,” by Cleon Skousen:
CURRENT COMMUNIST GOALS
1. U.S. acceptance of coexistence as the only alternative to atomic war.
2. U.S. willingness to capitulate in preference to engaging in atomic war.
3. Develop the illusion that total disarmament [by] the United States would be a demonstration of moral strength.
4. Permit free trade between all nations regardless of Communist affiliation and regardless of whether or not items could be used for war.
5. Extension of long-term loans to Russia and Soviet satellites.
6. Provide American aid to all nations regardless of Communist domination.
7. Grant recognition of Red China. Admission of Red China to the U.N.
8. Set up East and West Germany as separate states in spite of Khrushchev’s promise in 1955 to settle the German question by free elections under supervision of the U.N.
9. Prolong the conferences to ban atomic tests because the United States has agreed to suspend tests as long as negotiations are in progress.
10. Allow all Soviet satellites individual representation in the U.N.
11. Promote the U.N. as the only hope for mankind. If its charter is rewritten, demand that it be set up as a one-world government with its own independent armed forces. (Some Communist leaders believe the world can be taken over as easily by the U.N. as by Moscow. Sometimes these two centers compete with each other as they are now doing in the Congo.)
12. Resist any attempt to outlaw the Communist Party.
13. Do away with all loyalty oaths.
14. Continue giving Russia access to the U.S. Patent Office.
15. Capture one or both of the political parties in the United States.
16. Use technical decisions of the courts to weaken basic American institutions by claiming their activities violate civil rights.
17. Get control of the schools. Use them as transmission belts for socialism and current Communist propaganda. Soften the curriculum. Get control of teachers’ associations. Put the party line in textbooks.
18. Gain control of all student newspapers.
19. Use student riots to foment public protests against programs or organizations which are under Communist attack.
20. Infiltrate the press. Get control of book-review assignments, editorial writing, policymaking positions.
21. Gain control of key positions in radio, TV, and motion pictures.
22. Continue discrediting American culture by degrading all forms of artistic expression. An American Communist cell was told to “eliminate all good sculpture from parks and buildings, substitute shapeless, awkward and meaningless forms.”
23. Control art critics and directors of art museums. “Our plan is to promote ugliness, repulsive, meaningless art.”
24. Eliminate all laws governing obscenity by calling them “censorship” and a violation of free speech and free press.
25. Break down cultural standards of morality by promoting p0rnography and obscenity in books, magazines, motion pictures, radio, and TV.
26. Present homosexuality, degeneracy and promiscuity as “normal, natural, healthy.”
27. Infiltrate the churches and replace revealed religion with “social” religion. Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity which does not need a “religious crutch.”
28. Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in the schools on the ground that it violates the principle of “separation of church and state.”
29. Discredit the American Constitution by calling it inadequate, old-fashioned, out of step with modern needs, a hindrance to cooperation between nations on a worldwide basis.
30. Discredit the American Founding Fathers. Present them as selfish aristocrats who had no concern for the “common man.”
31. Belittle all forms of American culture and discourage the teaching of American history on the ground that it was only a minor part of the “big picture.” Give more emphasis to Russian history since the Communists took over.
32. Support any socialist movement to give centralized control over any part of the culture–education, social agencies, welfare programs, mental health clinics, etc.
33. Eliminate all laws or procedures which interfere with the operation of the Communist apparatus.
34. Eliminate the House Committee on Un-American Activities.
35. Discredit and eventually dismantle the FBI.
36. Infiltrate and gain control of more unions.
37. Infiltrate and gain control of big business.
38. Transfer some of the powers of arrest from the police to social agencies. Treat all behavioral problems as psychiatric disorders which no one but psychiatrists can understand [or treat].
39. Dominate the psychiatric profession and use mental health laws as a means of gaining coercive control over those who oppose Communist goals.
40. Discredit the family as an institution. Encourage promiscuity and easy divorce.
41. Emphasize the need to raise children away from the negative influence of parents. Attribute prejudices, mental blocks and retarding of children to suppressive influence of parents.
42. Create the impression that violence and insurrection are legitimate aspects of the American tradition; that students and special-interest groups should rise up and use [“]united force[“] to solve economic, political or social problems.
43. Overthrow all colonial governments before native populations are ready for self-government.
44. Internationalize the Panama Canal.
45. Repeal the Connally reservation so the United States cannot prevent the World Court from seizing jurisdiction [over domestic problems. Give the World Court jurisdiction] over nations and individuals alike.
In reading the above, it is highly disturbing to me that so many of these goals have come to pass. For instance –
- 11) Promote the U.N. as the only hope for mankind. How many times have we heard that the UN needs to step in and resolve conflicts? Yet we know that the UN can’t even wipe it’s nose without extensive and fruitless debate. We have all seen the uselessness of the UN’s countless resolutions and sanctions against countries that threaten the world with violence and invade others for material gain.
- 15) Capture one or both of the political parties in the United States. I really hate to say this, but I believe that the Democratic Party is more Socialist/Communist than it is Democratic. Look at the number of points above and compare them with the positions that the Democratic Party. The similarities are frightening.
- 17) Get control of the schools. Use them as transmission belts for socialism and current Communist propaganda. Soften the curriculum. Get control of teachers’ associations. Put the party line in textbooks. 31) Belittle all forms of American culture and discourage the teaching of American history on the ground that it was only a minor part of the “big picture.” Give more emphasis to Russian history since the Communists took over. When reading through my son’s American History books while he was in High School, I was shocked to see that many formative events in our nation’s history either missing or completely rewritten so as to subtly make it appear that this country was at fault for defending itself or its ideals. Likewise for the curriculum that allows our children to be promoted from grade to grade and graduate, but cannot enter college without taking remedial reading and mathematics courses. Of course, the Teacher’s Unions are rabidly against any standards that they would need to be held to, and those few that are in place they do their best to circumvent. Finally, even though Russian history wasn’t a big part of my son’s World History classes, the textbooks either minimized or omitted the atrocities committed by Communist leaders such as Stalin, Lenin, Pol Pot, and Mao.
- 18) Gain control of all student newspapers. 20) Infiltrate the press. Get control of book-review assignments, editorial writing, policymaking positions. 21) Gain control of key positions in radio, TV, and motion pictures. What is the best way to promote your point of view? Control the media that provides information to the masses. Without being taught to be critical, disinformation and propaganda become truth.
- 22) Continue discrediting American culture by degrading all forms of artistic expression. An American Communist cell was told to “eliminate all good sculpture from parks and buildings, substitute shapeless, awkward and meaningless forms.” 23) Control art critics and directors of art museums. “Our plan is to promote ugliness, repulsive, meaningless art.” Some of the art that has been displayed and promoted as cutting edge and full of depth is really full of something else. There is some ugly art out there, and the edginess either borders on or is obscene & lacking in any moral redemption.
- 25) Break down cultural standards of morality by promoting p0rnography and obscenity in books, magazines, motion pictures, radio, and TV. 26) Present homosexuality, degeneracy and promiscuity as “normal, natural, healthy.” We have all seen the rise in the gay right movement for marriage equality, and the normalization of p0rnography as an art form. If deviancy becomes the norm, then what does normal become?
- 27) Infiltrate the churches and replace revealed religion with “social” religion. Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity which does not need a “religious crutch.” 28) Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in the schools on the ground that it violates the principle of “separation of church and state.” This country was founded on Judeo-Christian principles, and our Constitution allows for the practice and observance of any religion without interference from the Government. What the phrase “separation of Church and State” actually means that the State (Government) shall not promote any one religion over the other. Prayer should be allowed in schools (who hasn’t uttered a prayer before a test?), but not mandated. I do not believe in the innate goodness of man – I’ve seen too much cruelty from men that have no moral compass.
- 29) Discredit the American Constitution by calling it inadequate, old-fashioned, out of step with modern needs, a hindrance to cooperation between nations on a worldwide basis. 30) Discredit the American Founding Fathers. Present them as selfish aristocrats who had no concern for the “common man.” How many times has the Supreme Court looked outside of the Constitution for its judgements? The most recent has been the case for Habeas Corpus for the terrorists being held at Guantanamo Bay. The reason that the Courts and pundits gave was that the Constitution has not kept up with world events. B.S.!! What the Constitution and the Founding Fathers set up was a system of government that would ensure the sovereignty of the United States and freedom of it’s people. And by the way, if the American Revolution failed, each and every one of the Founding Fathers would have been hung as traitors to the Crown. How many of you would have put your life on the line for an idea?
- 38) Transfer some of the powers of arrest from the police to social agencies. Treat all behavioral problems as psychiatric disorders which no one but psychiatrists can understand [or treat]. 39) Dominate the psychiatric profession and use mental health laws as a means of gaining coercive control over those who oppose Communist goals. Anyone who has seen newscasts of social services coming in and taking children away from their parents without due process of law (innocent until proven guilty) should know that this is exactly what this is about. And I have heard enough psycho-babble from these pointy-headed people while dealing with my son’s issues to know that these people secretly crave power over others.
- 40) Discredit the family as an institution. Encourage promiscuity and easy divorce. 41) Emphasize the need to raise children away from the negative influence of parents. Attribute prejudices, mental blocks and retarding of children to suppressive influence of parents. Considering that it can now be considered child abuse or assault & battery if you spank your children as a punishment is only the latest of dissolving the family unit. Children now have the right in some states to “divorce” their parents, usually because their parents are “too hard” on them. One look at the Hollywood kids problems with drugs, alcohol, sex, and other self-destructive actions should be enough to emphasize how children without guidance & a strong family will turn out.
- 45) Repeal the Connally reservation so the United States cannot prevent the World Court from seizing jurisdiction [over domestic problems. Give the World Court jurisdiction] over nations and individuals alike. Already, there is pressure from the UN and others for the US to submit to the judgment of the World Court in international matters. Recently, when the State of Texas executed a Mexican citizen for a dual homicide, the World Court wanted to step in and halt the execution on the grounds of human rights. If anything, these calls for submission to an international authority such as the UN or World Court for domestic issues would be a violation of the Sovereignty of the United States as a country.
How many of the above goals have been accomplished under the guise of progressiveness by our elected officials to Government over the past 45 years? More to the point, how many of the above are promoted by the current Liberal Democratic candidates for the Presidency and Vice Presidency as part of their political platform and beliefs?
From Armchair Views:
Liberal Agenda or Communist Agenda?
The word “Liberal” originally described honorable and principled men who held to a philosophy of government that advocated Constitutional Republicanism. Constitutional Republicanism is a type of government almost unknown to most of the world. America was originally a Constitutional Republic. A Constitutional Republic defined is characterized by a very small government with limits on its powers of taxation and whose other powers are strictly limited by rigorously enforced Constitutional edicts. The honorable old Liberals of the 19th century would certainly not recognize the “liberals” of today. Modern Liberals promote, advocate, and enforce the centralization of all political power into an all powerful central government.
Some thoughts about modern liberals:
- At the most basic level, the Liberal is anti-God. The Liberal attempts to use government to eliminate all moral consequences for immoral behavior. The Liberal imagines that freedom from moral consequence can be secured by a collectivist, totalitarian state.
- Liberals use moralistic platitudes and catchy phrases like “social justice” and “The Brotherhood of Man” to appeal to the naive masses who are duped into believing that the ultimate goals of Liberals are genuinely good..
- The fundamental power struggle of Liberals may be classified as the individual versus the collective. The Liberal supports the collective in every contest against the individual. Liberals hate Individualism because it demands moral responsibility. Liberals support collectivism because they hope to eliminate the need for moral responsibility.
- The U.S. Constitution and specifically the support for rugged individualism which is evident in the Bill of Rights, is the enemy of the Liberal. The Liberal despises the United States because it is the premier protector and promoter of individualism in the world.
- In the mind of a Liberal, all institutions and concerns schools, environment, courts, etc. – serve no relevant purpose other than the promotion of collectivism.
- To a Liberal, abortion becomes necessary to guarantee sexual freedom and eliminate moral consequence.
- Any religion or religious person who believes or teaches that there are moral consequences for sin, is the enemy of Liberalism and must be oppressed. Thus for the collectivist Liberal bent on imposing socialism upon a nation, Christianity is the number one enemy above all other enemies. Christianity must be eliminated..
- Strong families are one of the greatest threats to the final goals of Liberalism. The total disintegration of the American family in recent decades among some ethnic communities has occurred as a direct result of the design and intention of Liberals.
- Private ownership of guns is the single greatest symbol of individual power, and therefore is despised by Liberals.
- The Liberal despises national sovereignty. Why? Because the best protection of individual freedoms is found in small decentralized governments.
- The Liberal promotes the growth of multi-national and international governments such as the European Union and the United Nations because these organizations advance the cause of socialism and seek to destroy the very individualism that is best protected by sovereign states.
- The Liberal fears any hint of individualism in any part of the world, and is obsessed with the centralized control of all human activity and thought. Thus the Liberal constantly seeks total control over all forms of media.
- “Multi-culturalism” is the liberal code word for a single, oppressive, collectivist culture.
- Liberals speak often of tolerance, but they only tolerate Liberals and Liberal ideas.
- The Liberal seeks to criminalize any speech that promotes morality or individualism as “hate speech.” Thus we see Liberal Judges and Liberal Courts outlawing the Bible and gutting the free speech provisions of the first amendment of the constitution. Liberal Judges are now declaring that the Bible’s proscriptions against homosexuality are illegal “hate speech” and scripture is now in the process of being outlawed from any appearance in public discourse or the public square.
- The Liberal’s only method of debate is to appeal to the emotions of uneducated and illogical persons. Liberals seek to insult and discredit anyone who dares to disagree with them, especially in the college classroom. Why? Because the facts of logic and history do not support the agenda they are seeking to advance.
- When possible, Liberals oppress anyone who questions their beliefs.
- Liberals despise all innocence – especially the innocence of a child. Thus Hollywood Liberals seek to steal the innocence of our children as early as possible and the public schools assist them in this goal.
- Liberals seek to sexualize our children, eliminate age of consent laws and promote the normalization of pedophilia, all in the pursuit of sexual freedom.
- The Liberal typically chooses a career in a field that produces nothing of value. A Liberal will look for employment in field such as public education, an employee of local, county, state or federal government, an “activist,” a lawyer, or a bureaucrat in a tax free foundation or an NGO devoted to advancing Liberal goals, etc.
- Liberal do-good programs enrich Liberals and do little to actually help the poor.
- Liberals are not obsessed with sex, but with promiscuity. Promoting promiscuity among the masses is the primary mission of the Liberals who control the Hollywood, Television and print media monopoly. Why? Because Liberals know that the twin pillars that support conservatism are family values and faith in God. By promoting promiscuity Liberals know that they are simultaneously attacking both of the main support pillars of rugged individualism.
- Liberals say that they despise marriage and family because they are “patriarchal institutions” that oppress women and children. But the real reason they despise marriage and family values is because these institutions oppose, disapprove and limit promiscuity thus undermining one of the principal supports for Liberalism.
- Liberals seek to control public schools, and force all children into them, in order to foster promiscuity and instill collectivist ideology into the minds and hearts of our children.
- Liberals are obsessed with demonstrating their putative “moral superiority.” Thus even though they live their lives without really helping anyone, the political activism they engage in is dedicated to convincing themselves that they are truly good people. Liberals are driven by the need to validate the unspoken assertion that “I care more than you do,” which is ironic in the extreme since none of the government programs liberals have designed can be shown to have an overall positive influence in our society.
- Whenever a Liberal expresses concern “for the children,” invariably they are using and targeting children to expand their own power, promote promiscuity, advance collectivism and enlarge their personal income at the expense of the taxpayer.
- Liberals are elitists who exempt themselves from the oppressive rules they impose on the general population.
- Liberals howl if a homosexual transvestite or convicted felon is even slightly offended, but they openly bash Christians.
- Liberals claim to be against violence, but make excuses for Liberals like Lenin, Stalin, Mao and Castro who murder and torture political dissidents. Liberals claim to be against violence, but they seek to disarm individuals and render them powerless before the thugs, thieves and murderer’s who rule the inner cities.
- Liberals have enormous compassion for criminal predators, but little for the victims.
- In the Liberal world, all problems stem from individualism, and all solutions are collective.
I humbly submit to you, the reader, the task of comparing the above lists with the history of the Democratic Party and the actions & words of it’s members and candidates. Considering the position of Senators Obama and Biden on issues that have come before them and statements they have made, I am even more convinced they should not be elected to run this nation of ours.