Travel gives one a chance to listen to the radio. A few things that caught my attention are:
Is there no shame? Once again, a death has been politicized by people without conscience. Dana Reeve, the widow of Christopher Reeve, died a couple of days ago. Politicians used this opportunity to plug embryonic stem cell research, and bashing the Bush administration for not supporting the research. Where will the grandstanding end, and respect for the deceased begin?
The proponents of embryonic stem cell research only show one side of the research. What is not brought out in all of the press releases is that this line of research shows the least amount of promise. What has shown the most progress is research using bone marrow stem cells and umbilical cord stem cells. Both of these avoid the ethical problems of growing human embryos for this research. Why? What I think is going on is that if embryonic stem cell research is found to not be viable, then the abortion rights activists have one less argument for the “procedure.”
There is a great political division in this country. Red State or Blue State. Looney Left or Radical Right. Conservative or Liberal. Democrat or Republican. It seems that we are in the extreme where there is no middle ground. It seems that it will not stop any time soon, especially with the prodding of the media. How they love conflict since it brings headlines and rating points.
There is some hope for the youth of America. Saw that there is a student in Michigan proposing that a day, March 26, be set aside to honor our soldiers. Didn’t catch the name, but it sounds good.
Sounds like the port deal is dead. Probably just as well.
Tennessee appears to be following South Dakota’s lead on restricting or banning abortions, although slower.
Three college students have been arrested for the arson of those churches in Alabama. Thought it would be a great prank…idiots.
Finally, does anyone else think that the Oscars are basically a bunch of back-slapping Hollywood elites? Here’s a link to a Ben Stein article that really puts things in perspective.
Thank you for visiting this humble space on the Internet. Feel free to browse around & comment on the posts. Please observe "The Rules of Engagement.".
Providing …...a place where life & politics meet with common sense fueled by inspired ranting & intelligent discussion.
Food for Thought
The purpose of the Constitution is to limit what the Government can do to the People, not what the People can do to the Government.
You make a conservative mad by telling them a lie.
You make a progressive mad by telling them the truth.
What part of "shall not be infringed" do they not understand?
- RT @NRATV: What the media hears vs. what the media doesn't want you to hear. #MSM https://t.co/LP82EOJaSZ 39 minutes ago
- RT @GemMar333: Remember the Fallen this Memorial Day 🇺🇸🙏 Our Freedom is NOT Free🙏🇺🇸😭 #MemorialDayWeekend https://t.co/NGzt9kZOIc 42 minutes ago
- RT @GunOwners: A Democratic representative wants to "buy back" your AR-15, but a gun "buy back" will inevitability led to gun confiscation.… 44 minutes ago
- RT @CoreyLMJones: “Right now, we are living through a crisis in our democracy.” -Crooked Hillary Clinton Hillary...this is YOUR crisis. T… 45 minutes ago
- RT @NRA: "...when you trust law-abiding gun owners by reducing restrictions on their rights, the only people who should be concerned are vi… 45 minutes ago
- RT @Always_On_Watch: WE are to blame for her death? WHAT? geeezblog.wordpress.com/2018/05/26/we-… via @zinla9 47 minutes ago
- RT @Guntalk: Gun Bans Kill People. thefederalist.com/2018/05/23/gun… 50 minutes ago
- RT @CollinRugg: David Hogg: “F*** you!” Also Hogg: “We need to come together” Hogg: “F*** Republicans!” Also Hogg: “We need to work togeth… 50 minutes ago
- RT @RyanAFournier: Washington can’t afford for President Trump to succeed. If an outsider like Trump can fix the messes they’ve created o… 51 minutes ago
- Foreign interference... https://t.co/2a8Nuvrhcu 21 hours ago
- Tom Roland on March for Madness
- Always On Watch on March for Madness
- Robert P. Garding on Just a Few Thoughts
- Always On Watch on Our Fellow Man
- Tom Roland on My 2-Cents Worth…
- Mike Trani on My 2-Cents Worth…
- Robert P. Garding on We’re Broken
- Always On Watch on Miscellaneous Thoughts…
- Tom Roland on Miscellaneous Thoughts…
- Always On Watch on Miscellaneous Thoughts…
Disclaimer & License
This blog is an exercise in the author's First Amendment Rights as pertaining to Free Speech with all the protections as afforded & granted by the Constitution of the United States of America.
The comments & opinions expressed by the author do not necessarily reflect those of his employer, family, friends, pets, or close associates.
Not responsible for content of sites linking to this blog or sites that this blog links to.
Copyrighted material may be presented on this blog, and all reference material, copyrighted or not, will be attributed to the original author or publication.
No animals were harmed in the writing or posting of this blog (although a cat may have been petted).
If you need any more weasel words, go see an attorney.
Search This Blog
- Follow Tom's Place on WordPress.com